Graduate Student Resources
Our graduate students are expected to follow the policies and procedures for both the Graduate College and for our department. It is your responsibility to be up-to-date on polices:
Read our Graduate Student Handbook (updated December 2019) to see an overview of the program, policies and procedures, program requirements and details and more.Learn more
Review course descriptions for our upper level and graduate courses offered by our department.Learn more
Graduate Progress Report Form
Annual evaluation for satisfactory progress based on grade point average and overall profess towards completion of your graduate degree requirements. Due June 15. Major professors required to sign the form before submission
Directions for Graduate Annual Progress Report:
- Only report units for which grades have been posted at the time of submission.
- Graded units are those that earn a grade of A, B, C, D, and E only.
- Answer all questions to the best of your ability, and include both Progress Report pages with your submission
- Leave the second page blank.
- Log in to UAccess Student Center and GradPath to find the status of your required Graduate College forms
- Any continuing student not graduating in May should submit a progress report
In addition to the (1) ENVS Graduate Student Annual Progress Report form, attach the separate, typed/printed documents:
- CV including a listing of all scholarly and non-scholarly publication, conferences, grants, awards, etc.
- Brief update of your progress in the degree program (~300–500 words).
- Brief projection of your academic and research plans for the upcoming year (~500 words)
- Comments or input that your Major Professor or the ENVS Director of Graduate Studies should be aware
Your Progress Report should be compiled in the order numbered above then signed by your EVNS Major Professor in the box on the top page.
Please submit your progress report electronically in single PDF format on or before the final deadline 4:00pm June 15, 2020. Before submitting, name your file using this format: STUDENTLASTNAME.First Name_Plan_Major Professor Last Name_Year (example: LANDEEN.Kathleen_SWESMS_Schaap_2020.) .
Any questions contact the ENVS Graduate Advisor, Kathleen Landeen.
Graduate Satisfactory Progress Policy
Expectations and timetable for all graduate study in our department.
ENVS Petition Form
Students have the right to formally request exceptions to department policies and procedures or formally appeal department decisions by submitting a this Petition to the academic advisor, Kathleen Landeen.
ENVS Individual Study Proposal
Download, fill out the form and return BEFORE registering for an individual study course.
ENVS Doctoral Prospectus
The University of Arizona Graduate college mandates that every student in a doctoral program has an approved dissertation prospectus or proposal on file with the department. As soon as the student has an approved prospectus/proposal on file with the department the department will submit the prospectus/proposal confirmation form in GradPath on behalf of the student.