Launch into a career focused on science and sustainability with us.
Through classroom, lab and community projects, you will increase your ability to think critically, work on a team and approach environmental issues from an experiential, entrepreneurial perspective.
You will learn to:
- Integrate concepts from biology, chemistry and physics to understand how our forests, deserts, wetlands and other environments function as systems.
- Collect environmental samples, analyze them and interpret results.
- Create a hypothesis, design an experiment to test that hypothesis, analyze the results, and draw appropriate conclusions.
- Understand current environmental pollution problems, including U.S. policy and laws.
- Master basic scientific principles in soil and water degradation, remediation of contaminated land and water, and contaminants in soil and groundwater.
- Predict how landscapes change under the combined effects of climate, geology and land use.
Meet our 2019-2020 Peer Mentors!
They are here to help new students navigate and get involved with the Environmental Science major in our department.
If you are currently at a community college or another university, you can transfer to our department at the University of Arizona for a premier environmental education.